I have put together a list of the top 10 things I like to do in Vancouver. I have left out the big festivals and once-a-year events, because unless you plan to be here while they are happening, they would be of little use to you on this list.
Top 10 Things to do in Vancouver (in no particular order)…
- Take the False Creek Ferry or the new streetcar to Granville Island to check out the public market, the artisan shops, or the floating homes.
- Wander Stanley Park’s 250kms of trails either on foot, or by bike. Get off of the Seawall and into the park for a whole other experience! If you have the time, check out the Vancouver Aquarium…it’s REALLY cool!
- Check out the Chinatown Night Market or Richmond Night Market for a taste of local culture.
- Let your taste buds experience Vancouver’s best microbrews at Steamworks, DIX, Yaletown Brew Pub or Granville Island Brewing.
- Have breakfast or brunch on the patio at Joe’s Grill (Davie Street, Denman or 4th…they’re all fantastic and CHEAP!). For a fancier breakfast (and more expensive) check out the patio at Glowbal Grill and enjoy the fresh made mini-donuts.
- Catch live improv theatre at Vancouver Theatre Sports League. These actors are amazing and will have you laughing all night!
- Take the Seabus to North Vancouver and explore the natural beauty of the Lower Mainland. Whether you take the bus to Lynn Canyon to explore the amazing park, experience the rush of crossing the Capilano Suspension Bridge, or soar to the peak of Grouse Mountain either on their gondola or with a tough hike up the Grouse Grind. The North Shore has so many beautiful places to explore.
- Wander 4th Avenue in Kitsilano (Kits) to check out all the funky shops, then wander down Yew to Kits beach to take in the magnificent views of our breathtaking city.
- Take the Skytrain to Commercial Drive (Broadway Station) and check out the local art hung on the walls of the coffee shops & cafes along the Drive.
- Experience Vancouver with a local tour guide who can share with you all of their favourite activities & hot spots on a Tour Guys walking tour!
If you have done any of these things, tell us what you thought (or not)! Whatever you do, get out there and enjoy Vancouver!